Mobile first, SaaS enterprise apps are winning
Interesting article on the current situation and opportunities in the Enterprise Applications market from DFJ, a venture capital firm with a strong presence in Ireland.
The market opportunity:
- Enterprise software is a billion dollar market which is dominated by a small handful of very large and 20+ year-old vendors.
- Due to the profound technological shifts, these giants are vulnerable to disruption.
The two big shifts:
Software as a Service removes two big hurdles:
1. enterprise software no longer requires manual deployment (instant access) and
2. It can be purchased with a credit card (doesn’t need much budgetary approval to get started)
Mobile First is increasingly important
- Enterprises increasingly recognize the needs for their people to access software via mobile.
- The incumbant SaaS vendors do not have adequate mobile offerings, which has created a wedge in the market for mobile optimized/mobile first offerings.
Any questions? Feel free to contact us.
Check out iStockist, our wholesale eCommerce.